“Besides striving to always improve and develop my technique, my training at NBS gave me so much more. I got to perform frequently in the gorgeous in-house theatre which stemmed in me confidence and when I was ready to work as a dancer it was that confidence, gained through proper, versatile training, that allowed me to be able to get my first professional contract with Poet Theatricals and travel around the world.”
The Dancehouse complex occupies three floors of a 1930s Art Deco building on Manchester's famous 'student corridor' Oxford Road, just a few minutes' walk from the city centre. This is the home of Northern Ballet School.
A facility we are very proud of
The Dancehouse provides one of the most comprehensively appointed dance training facilities to be found anywhere:
- All dance studios have sprung floors, full height wall mirrors, barres, heating and cooling.
- A 430-seat public theatre with large sprung-floor stage and extensive ancillary spaces including green room, dressing rooms and wardrobe facilities. The theatre auditorium seating offers a variety of possible configurations as both performance and additional training spaces.
- Library with IT and study facilities.
- Well equipped first aid/physiotherapy room.
- Café for students and staff serving fresh food and drinks mid-morning and at lunchtime.
- Licensed theatre bar next to the auditorium, used for public or private functions on theatre nights.
- The theatre has disabled toilet facilities both front of house and backstage and there is a large lift for disabled access to the theatre and to some dance studios.